VISION AND MISSION
The Institute's vision is to develop core expertise in business development for the private, public sectors and the domestic international arena. Our mission is to promote an innovative community of practice in business development through appraisals and self-assessments, best practices, certifications and benchmarking and develop and maintain the highest professional standards for experts in business development.
▪ We envision the capability modeling as the industry's standard framework for how to achieve maturity in business development and be a leader in BD results.
▪ We seek to be industry's preferred source for measuring BD capability and setting the path toward innovation and organizational transformation.
▪ We bring together diverse BD functions and specialties in identifying and articulating BD best practices and benchmarks across industry.
▪ We envision that business analysis and development will enable the economic sector to be better position to face challenges.
The values, which the Institute will subscribe to in dealing with membership and general public includes;
Quality in Service, Standards,
Accountability and Objectivity.
The Institute is the Professional Body for Business Development professionals in Nigeria. It is the public face of learned professionals, which represents the interests of its members within Government, the business community and the general public. Committed to maintaining the quality, integrity and high professional standard of practicing members, the Institute has established a Code of Conduct requiring the development and review of professional Standards. A disciplinary process has been established to enforce adherence to this Code and Standards. In addition to these controls, the Institute fosters growth within the profession by contributing to the education of aspiring persons and continued development of members. The Institute is a member of African Business Roundtable, Business Council of Africa and West African Business Association.
• To provide tuition and examination facilities for qualifications embracing all aspects of the law and practice relating to business development and strategy.
• To provide pre-qualification and continuing professional education and creating forums for discussions about contemporary and relevant issues.
• To promote research on business development, and contribute to and inform debate on public policy.
• To organize lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences.
• To be leader in education and experts in building strategic thinking, capacity development, master business and marketing plans.
The Institute offers several training programs. These include training designed for executives and other decision-makers, those needing a general knowledge of Business Development and its key practices, and those who require an in-depth understanding of models.
The following are some of our prominent courses:
▪ Business Development Basic Course
▪ Business Plan Development Course
▪ Competitive Intelligence: Master Class
▪ Business Process Excellence in Financial Services Workshop
▪ Business Intelligence Master Class
▪ Project Management Basic Course
▪ Talent Management and Succession Plan
▪ Business Modeling and Innovation Workshop
▪ Performance Management and Balance Score- Card
▪ Business Development: Entrepreneurship in Small Business for Non Specialist Workshop
▪ Advanced Product Development Course
▪ Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers Course
▪ Budgeting and Budgetary Control
▪ Business Intelligence for Operations Management
▪ Capability Maturity Model in Business Development (CMMBD) Workshop
▪ Business Development Tools: Methods of Application and Use Workshop
▪ Legal Matters in Business Development Course
▪ Entrepreneurship; Small & Medium Enterprise Promotion Workshop
▪ Development and Positioning of Maritime Business Workshop
▪ The ABC of Starting a Business – Estimated startup Cost Workshop
▪ Business Communication and Report Writing Workshop
▪ SME Extractive Industries Development Workshop
▪ Introduction to Knowledge Management and Talent Development Workshop
▪ Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving Workshop
▪ Agribusiness Development Basic Course.e.t.c.
The following Organizations amongst others have participated in our courses.
• MTN Nigeria Communication Ltd (MTN)
• Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
• Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA)
• Cakasa Nigeria Company Limited
• Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria(FAAN)
• Etisalat Nigeria
• PZ Cussons Nigeria. Plc
• Bank of Industry
• First Bank of Nigeria
• Niger Insurance Plc
• Mantrac Nigeria Limited
• Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN).e.t.c.
RESEARCH AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
To assure that our understanding of business development performance continues to grow, the Institute conducts an annual Research Forum designed to address issues of significance to our Community of Practice. In addition, we have undertaken development of a body of knowledge, through which to deepen our understanding of both theory and practice.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR CORPORATE MEMBERS
To support organizations that adopt our products the Institute will train and certifies qualified, internal personnel as appraisers through our Certified Appraiser Program. In addition, we offer these organizations the option to license our Train-the-Trainer Program as an affordable and efficient way to train significant numbers of internal personnel key practices and approaches.
The Institute's Corporate Membership Program offers companies a unique opportunity to distinguish themselves as leaders in the Business Development community:
▪ Partner with the Institute as thought leaders in Business Development
▪ Participate in the Institute’s annual research forums and benchmark studies
▪ Collaborate on direction and strategy for continuing growth and development of business-development best practices
The Institute offers three levels of Corporate Membership, making it possible for a wide range of organizations to participate in the Program:
▪ Leadership Council - a carefully selected group of Industry leaders who set the standard for business-development excellence and serve on the Institute’s Council
▪ Corporate Members - participants in the continuing development and growth of the Knowledge Base assuring that ongoing development of the Institute’s products and services meet their needs
▪ Small Business Members - representatives of the unique needs of small businesses in the Institute’s Community of Practice, helping to set strategy and providing input on methods, processes, and tools designed explicitly for small business environments.
The direction of the Institute is controlled by a Council. Some Council Members stand down each other year so there is a constant flow of new people with fresh ideas and approaches. This ensures that the Institute moves forward to take account of changes in the Business Development Field.
MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
Ben Oghojafor B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD FBDI
SadikAbdulkadir Rafindadi B.Sc, M.Sc, FBDI
Deputy Vice President:
Monday Ewans B.Sc, MBA, FBDI
Secretary to Council:
Paul Ikele, B.Sc, M.Sc, MBA, Ph.D, FBDI
Olayemi Olukayode B.Sc, MBA FBDI
Ebi Sue B.Sc, M.Sc, FBDI
Cecilia O.Nwuche B.Sc, CNA FBDI
Jamoh Bashir B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D, FBDI
Dr. Bamangar Tukur CON FBDI
Engr. Godwin Omene B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD, FBDI
Mr. Ifeanyi Obibuzor B.Sc, M.Sc, FBDI
Prof. Iheanyi Achumba Ph.D (Late)
Emeto Philips B.Sc, M.Sc, FBDI